Thursday 9 April 2015

The First Month: Blogger vs. WordPress and M's Adventures in Tumblrland

Happy Easter :) I took a quick break, but I’m back now with a quick summary of the month gone by. I was going to bits of this post a while ago, but didn’t get around to actually finishing it so I kinda crammed everything into this post.

As you may know, The Young Culture is on both Blogger and WordPress, and I’d thought do a quick summary of how that’s been going and which one I’m preferring at the moment. I should quickly say that they’re not exactly the same blog, there are some differences, but not really anything that makes this an unfair comparison. When I was starting out, Blogger was definitely in pole position. I liked the ability and freedom to design your blog how you wanted, without having to have a Premium account. Also, it was slightly easier to navigate. However, WordPress took over in the weeks to come. Blogger makes it very difficult to discover new blogs and share your blog with others, within the website. Although views are higher on Blogger, you’re very isolated from other bloggers and I think that’s its major drawback. You can play this kind of roulette game with the next blog button on Blogger but I think Google need to update it a bit. WordPress comes across as more of a community and I’ve definitely found myself using it more. At the moment, WordPress has the edge, but I’ll keep you posted about both.

I was just going to quickly mention that I finally worked out how to use HTML :) Be proud. So the format is actually pretty decent on Tumblr now. I still need to work out how to change the fonts but apart from that, I can almost use Tumblr now. Expect more on that in the coming month. If you have Tumblr, come say hello, and tell me how to use stuff because yh… I’m pretty useless when it comes to Tumblr.


That’s about all for now, I’ll check back later with the March summary - even though, we’re 8 days into April…

Anyway, that’s all for now,

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment